Thursday 17 April 2008

Subject Torture !!

After a hell of a busy week completing assignments ( namma ellam porandhandhu lendhe ipadi thane..) and studying last minute ( nadaraja night service ) and 4 sleepless nights made it all the more encouraging to continue this blog..

One of the exams were on Petroleum Geology basically dealing with things like Sedimentary rocks, Metamorphic rocks, Seismic Surveys, Fault detection, Geological Analysis of exploration wells, Layering, Cementing , Compaction of friable mud ..(Arnt u feelin sleepin already ??) which basically dates back to the subject I hated the most in school - Geography. Like they always say "What goes around, comes around", this unit was the epitome of intoxicating sleep induction.

One of the ways I avoided sleep during this period of exam preparation is by saying catchphrases of funny incidents.. Two of my favorites at the moment are :

1. Jetti jetti bun jetti what jetti do you choose ? ( This was cuz one of my roomies throwing used underwear all over the bathroom )

2. Kuththunga yejaman kuththunga..Intha ponnungale ippadithan. (Frm one audio clip sent to me by swami / sathya ;) )

3. Yov unoda kadaila irukka appala thatta kanala nu azhalayaa..ennoda appana kaanum nu aluvuren..

If anyone of you have insomania (lack of sleep), I would definitely mail u the links of Petroleum Geology lectures and guarantee u sound sleep in the first 10 minutes of listening to it.. :) or MONEY BACK GUARANTEED!!

This certainly reminds me of Antony sleeping in HOD's class and eventually going to Priyandarshini ma'am (Personality development) and asking her how to avoid sleeping in class.. She asks antony to quit eating heavy food and start on eating breads..Big deal!..Antony still slept in class intoxicated by HOD's soothing voice.. Another incident related to this was in Raj Narain's VLSI class when Mr.Bomber Man (*Explanation not provided*) was as usual sleeping ( HOD e madhikirathu illa ivan ellam enathuku!) when suddenly koti tricked him and woke him up sayin tht Narain pointed a question to him.. The result is a half dazed and petrified antony getting up and both narain & antony are looking bewildered (Narain thinks : Yenaku kooda ivalo mariyadhaya??, Antony thinks : Okkamaka thookatha keduthutaan da panada) :D

I accept that I sleep in class considering the fact I am awake till the morning (even now) but i use the GLASS REFLECTION TECHNOLOGY (Analogous to Watch - Sight Technology) like few others in class to sleep.

Alternatively the best way to avoid sleep would be to eat in class ..(Hey atleast your brain isnt working, leave your mouth to do ur work :P)

Concluding all of this I would say lack of sleep is bad quoting from an experience I underwent when taking class for undergrads..My mind was blank because of overload of petroleum geology, OG Transmission and Fluid Mechanics and I was literally blabbering when explainin the concept of "Fluid phenomena on an arbitrary curved surface"..As misfortune knocks, one of the students started firing doubts and I was in total confusion despite the simple answer for the doubt..Eventually I couldnt answer the doubt, save the embarassment after that :(

Anyway just a random post before I write about prathap's strategical development and gokulnaths famous dialogues !!

No comments: