Tuesday 1 April 2008

Pudhu Pozhappu

Just in case you were wondering why i m not able to concentrate on my blog these days is due to a few reasons.. One of them is that I have got a job as tutor for thermofluids where i have to take classes for 2nd year under-grads !!.. Happy as i was to get double the hourly pay than my existing part time job, it was not easy money anyway.. One reason would be that I needed to prepare for the class, which added to my extra load of assignments and exam studies for the 2 units I am doing this module.. (Btw i have exams every 6 weeks and 2 units per module)..Apart from that, the students pose a lot of questions if they dont understand a single concept (its not like our UG anyway!!)..This just got me to doing the teaching without much enthusiasm and am waitin for an opportunity to get fired (if they ever will !!)..

Apart from this, I have to do 3 days of my regular part time work from 9 am to 4 pm ( I am learning norwegian right now as one part of my job is to get prospective clients from norway..As you know learning a new language is a big headache !!)... This basically leaves me with partly one day of free time as I have classes from Monday to Thursday...To top it all I have started my project in "Pendulous Installation method of subsea manifolds" (just for info, forget the jargon !! :D) which is a 32 point project out of the total 96 credits i have to complete to satisfy my course completion criteria..

Apart from this I have scheduled meetings for my tutorial co-ordinator and project co-ordinator to discuss on the progress of the respective cases..The only free time would be the weekends in which I have to do literature review for project, study for exams and complete my assignments...( Did i say my only source of entertainment was having a good meal in KFC saturday nights ?!)

Well it keeps me up and going and for all of you who think going abroad to study is just for pass time and for those who got fooled by those pics uploaded in orkut here is the real scenario and difficulties of studyin abroad, a little bit of which we wouldnt have faced had we done masters in India.. :'(

2 comments:

R2T2 said...

Thats why you shudn't try to become a millionaire by doing part-time job...

Mark Rohan said...

thts y they always say "Vandha thaan theriyum vaandhiyum baedhiyum!!"